Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

FOSTER/JAMES

Posted by Thelma Hurly 
FOSTER/JAMES
May 17, 2003 12:21AM
Looking for parents or siblings, or any other living relatives, of Thomas Foster born Wigan 1864. Resident 38 Dicconson Street, Wigan from 1904 till his death July 1938. Partner in Tailoring business Thomas and Foster Wholesale Tailors, Wigan. Married 1900 to Sarah Ann James born Penrith c1868 resident Wigan by 1881 and died Wigan 1955/6. They had 4 children, Esther Mary, Douglas James, Marian and Dorothy.
Also seeking info on any relatives of Sarah James in the Wigan area, or elsewhere.....James Underwood James, Henry James emigrated to Australia prior to 1927, Mary Lane (nee James) and Alice James, sisters who owned confectionery shop Mesnes Street,(? Sarah's cousins, ?her sisters) Winnie James, Harry & Beth James and their daughters Connie and Joyce, Polly Greaves (Halliwell) and her family, Fay and Gordon Williams who lived Canvey Island and later Southend, Essex.
Any information welcomed, and willing to share what I have.
Thanks in anticipation
Thelma Hurly
Re: FOSTER/JAMES
July 10, 2003 11:56AM
is the child called dorothy still alive and called dorothy foster an has a flower shop??
Re: FOSTER/JAMES
July 10, 2003 08:56PM
Third time lucky I hope, have had difficulty in accessing this page for some reason.
My Dorothy is deceased as are Thomas and Sarah's other three children. Their son had a daughter, now married, so there are no descendants with the Foster surname.
Thomas Foster married Sarah James - died 1938
Sarah Foster (James) - died 1955
Children:
Esther married James Sneddon-died 1968 (my mother)
Douglas married Elizabeth Cheetham-died 1946
Marian married Benjamin Gourley-died 1995
Dorothy married George O'Neil-died 1965
Thomas and Sarah's five grandchildren still lving.
Hope this helps.
Thelma Hurly
Johannesburg. South Africa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login