Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

St George`s Church in Chorley?

Posted by Alex Hughes 
Hi
I was wondering if anyone could help me with the address of this Church in Chorley?
I found the christening of Margaret Spears ROBB in the BVR2.
Christening Date: 17 Aug 1862
Recorded in: Chorley, Lancashire, England
Collection: St George
Father: John ROBB
Mother: Sarah Spears
Title
Parish registers, 1836-1900
Authors
Church of England. Chapelry of St. George (Chorley, Lancashire) (Main Author)
England, Lancashire, Chorley - Church records
I ordered a birth certificate from Chorley RO but they replied that they could not trace the birth of Margaret SPEARS ROBB in Chorley. Found Margaret SPIERS but mothers name not Sarah, nor any mention of ROBB.
Film Notes
Note - Location [Film]
Baptisms 1836-1887 - FHL BRITISH Film [ 1526077 Items 17-20 ]
Baptisms 1887-1900 Marriages and burials 1836-1900 banns 1838-1877 - FHL BRITISH Film [ 1526078 ]
Banns 1877-1900 Register of services 1843-1900 Register of services (All Saints Mission Church) 1899-1900 - FHL BRITISH Film [ 1526079 Items 1-8 ]
I`m new to research in Lancashire and would be grateful for any clues.
tata
Alex
I'll check downtown tomorrow - I think it's St Georges Street though
Hi Alex
The address of St George's Church, Chorley is in fact, Chapel Street - it looks as though under "Author" in your message this has somehow been misquoted.
Wish you luck
Helen
Hi Alex
Sorry about this but I realised immediately after sending that, whilst the "long" side of the church is in Chapel Street, the main entrance is in fact at the top of St George's Street which can be found off Market Street.
Sorry
Bye
Helen
Hi Helen,
Thanks for the new information.
tata
Alex
vsc
Re: St George`s Church in Chorley?
July 02, 2003 11:07AM
Regardless of address variations.. thereis the possibility that the birth was not registered..transcribed to modern records... suggest that if you cannot find certificate ..you take steps through church to copy the parish records goodluck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login