Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Higgin

Posted by Kathleen Higgin 
Higgin
April 10, 2003 09:49AM
Hi. I am searching for any information on the family of my grandfather Fred Higgin (b. November 13, 1913 in Blackpool,Lancashire, England d. April 1, 1991 in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada). His parents were John Higgin and Edith Brown and he had one brother named Jack Higgin. Fred's grandparents were John and (Catherine) Christina Higgin (nee Millington). The grandparents had several children (Tina, John, Harold, Herbert, Alice, Fred, and Frank). Tina married a man named Edward "Ned" Braithwaite and they had one son named Edward "Ted". Any information if available would be very much appreciated. Thanks very much.
Kathleen Higgin
Re: Higgin
April 28, 2013 08:54AM
Hello Kathleen,
I am not sure if I am a relation, but I live in Middleton near Manchester aged 61 years. I have a sister 60years of age, who lives in Oldham but our grandparents lived in Blackpool. Our father was Fred who was from a big family who we have lost contact, but some of his siblings were, Tina, Harold, Frank, Joe, Margaret, Jack (but often in those days someone referred to as Jack were actually called John).
I am eager to get this message off to you to see if you are still on line, but our grandparents lived at Powell Avenue in Blackpool.
If you reply I will try to do some cross checking.
One uncle emigrated to Fort Lauderdale with his wife from St Annes, and one of our aunties emigrated to Ohio with her American soldier husband who she met during World War 2.
A curious situation, kind regards Fred
Re: Higgin
May 06, 2013 11:09AM
see PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2013 09:32AM by David.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login