Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

HOWARD, HEYWARD, HEWARD, CLOUGH, SAVILLE

Posted by L. Bowdin 
I am interested in finding out more about the following family, which I have reconstructed entirely based on IGI records.
1. John HOWARD was born Abt. 1755, and died September 1874 in Oldham, Lancashire, England. He married Martha CLOUGH 05 December 1780 in Oldham, Lancashire, England. She was born Abt. 1760 in Oldham, Lancashire, England.
Children of John HOWARD and Martha CLOUGH are:
i. Hannah HEYWARD, b. Bef. 25 November 1781.
ii. Samuel HOWARD, b. Bef. 05 February 1786.
iii. Jael HEWARD, b. Bef. 14 May 1797.
iv. Jas HOWARD, b. Bef. 14 April 1799.
v. Hixrom HOWARD, b. Bef. 21 June 1801.
vi. Alice HOWARD, b. Bef. 27 November 1803.
vii. Jubal HOWARD, b. Bef. 28 September 1806, of Hollins, We, Lancashire, England; d. 04 August 1885, Rochester, Olmstead, MN; m. Mary SAVILLE, 01 January 1832, Oldham, Lancashire, England; b. 08 June 1808, England; d. 29 July 1885, Rochester, Olmstead, MN.
viii. Danl. HOWARD, b. Bef. 14 April 1816.
I am a descendant of Jubal and Mary HOWARD, and can provide further details on them and their descendants. I know nothing further about any of the sibs or parents.
Re: HOWARD, HEYWARD, HEWARD, CLOUGH, SAVILLE
May 06, 2007 04:45PM
I am also a descendant of Jubal and Mary (Saville) Howard. One of their sons, John Howard,was my great-grandfather. John & Mary (Hathaway) Howard's daughter Clara (b. 27 Aug 1862) was my grandmother. I never met her as she died just before I was born.

I, along with one of my brothers, have just started researching our family history. I also know of some of Jubal and Mary Howards descendants, but until reading your post (four years latter!) did not know who Jubal's parents were. Thank you for that information.

I have a copy of a family history written by a cousin of mine that has a couple pages on Jubel (as my cousin spells it) and Mary's journey and settlement in Monroe Co. WI.

My husband & I passed through the Big Creek, Sparta, area last month and stopped at the farm where my grandmother Clara and grandfather Edgar Eddy raised their family. It is a beautiful farm and the current owner has taken great care and has restored the farm house.

I also would appreciate any information on the Howard/Saville/Clough ancestors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login