Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Ainscough

Posted by L. Edward Durbin 
Ainscough
January 20, 2002 03:58PM
My grandmother's maiden name was Margaret Alice Ainscough. Her birth is recorded in Lancashire County, England and the town of her birth was Aspul, Lancashire County, England. She was born to: Thomas Robert Ainscough and Mary Anne Ghent on 22 Dec 1878.
Although I don't have the exact place of of birth for Thomas Robert Ainscough and Mary Anne Ghent, I assume that they, too, were living in Lancashire County. Thomas Robert Ainscough was born 31 Jul 1850.
They migrated to the United States when my grandmother was a child. I have no date of the family's moving here nor the ship they arrived on. I do know that at first they lived in the Philadelphia, PA area in eastern Pennsylvania.
It is my understanding that I still have relatives living in Lancashire County. My grandmother corresponded regularly with them until her death. I also have a cousin who visited their descendents in 2001.
I would like to be in contact with anyone who might be in some way related to me through this line. When I was born, they lived in Southeastern Ohio in the towns of Emerson, OH, Startle, OH (now non-existent as a community where my father was born) and Adena, OH, where I was born.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login