Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

BRENTLEY/BELL in LOW CONISCLIFFE

Posted by debbie 
Hi
can someone please help? I need to find Thomas and Rebecca Bentley(nee Bell from Snape)in either Snape/Bedale/Well or Evenwood, Co. Durham in the 1871 census. This is VERY important to me. I need to establish when and where they married. I think has Rebecca was bn in Snape area I presume that is where she married??? Unable to find Thomas Bentley(could be Brentley) on the IGI.
On the 1881 census they are showing to be living in Evenwood, Durham with 3 of their children(thier eldest son Frederick, bn 1874) and Thomas is a fireman.
Rebecca's father is a joiner but others of his family were farmers I think. Thomas worked in the iron industry like so many of my family branches in Darlington and Stockton.
Ive discovered that aswell as Rebecca and Thomas living in Low Coniscliffe on 1881 census but Rebecca's parents are also living there. So I'm wondering if this is where Thomas Brentley is from as this is where he is buried even tho I cannot find death in IGI!!! Rebecca's parents are originally from Bedale/Snape.
If this is of any good for someone to help break down the brickwall I';d be very grateful. I now live in Wiltshire and cannot get to the local reference library in Darlington to check, thanks
regards
Debbie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login