Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Kingston

Posted by Eileen Yess 
Kingston
May 11, 2003 07:28PM
Looking for info on my grandfather Wm. Kingston Born in 1850 or 1851 in Wolviston, Co. Durham. Was married to Hannah M. Johnson in 1881 in West Hartlepool on June 6th. Any info as to how I could get his birth certificate and/or his death certificate. Thanks
Re: Kingston
May 13, 2003 01:12PM
Hello Eileen,
There is an on-line index of births, 1837-95, in the Hartlepool Registration District at
[www.middlesbrough-indexes.co.uk]
( but no marriages or deaths yet). You will find William Kingston in the birth entries for 1850.
I should contact the Register Office for a copy of his birth certificate, and also ask about his death,if you think he died in West Hartlepool and can estimate it within a few years: they are always very helpful. There is an e-mail address: registrar@hartlepool.gov.uk.
Incidentally, I found him in the 1851 census for Wolviston, aged 6months.
May 14, 2003 11:18PM
Looking for connections to Jonathan Johnson Hobson Dwelling 12 Dunning St
Census Place Bishopwearmouth, Durham, England
Family History Library Film 1342199
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece / Folio 4986 / 97
Page Number 25
Jonathan J. HOBSON Head M Male 47 Pensher, Durham, England Coal Agent (Merch)
Margaret HOBSON Wife M Female 49 Alston, Northumberland, England Wife
William H. HOBSON Son U Male 19 Sunderland, Durham, England Railway Clerk
Mary A. HOBSON Daur U Female 15 Sunderland, Durham, England
Jane HOBSON Daur U Female 13 Sunderland, Durham, England Frederick G. HOBSON Son U Male 11 Sunderland, Durham, England Scholar
Jonathan J. HOBSON Son U Male 8 Sunderland, Durham, England Scholar
Thomas SHANLAY Nurse Child ((Son)) U Male 12 Sunderland, Durham, England Scholar
John MC ALLAN Boarder U Male 26 Scotland Tailor (Tailor)
May 15, 2003 01:16PM
Hi Alan
Thank you for the info. Because you told me my Wm. Kingston was 6 months old in 1851 census, I now know he was born in the 4th. Quarter of 1850.Because I live in the USA I use the GRO to get the certificates I need because they will accept my credit card.So I always need the Vol.# and Page # as well as the district.I am not too smart on the computer either.Are you searching any KINGSTON line? Just e-mail me & thanks again.
Eileen
May 15, 2003 01:32PM
Hi Jan
Sorry I don't have any Hobsons in my family. Right now I am only searching KINGSTON and REED.
Good Luck on your search
Eileen
Pickup William&George
May 15, 2003 04:28PM
Looking for family of William Pickup b 1814 to George Pickup and unknown. William died 1864 Northumberland,of Cholera. m Jane Hobson 1855 Houghton le, Penshaw 1855. Her father was William Hobson. Witness William Hay Hobson. Pickup Children: William, Charles, Alice Ann and Margaret Isabella. Other family names: William, Irving, Thomas. Edward, Ada, Eliza, Margaret, Isabelle. Jane and Children on Wallsend 1871 census, 1881 census Durham Co in Burnmoor & Penshaw. Would like to hear from Pickup in Durham and Northumberland. Thanks Jan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login