Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

CATCHERSIDE/CATCHESIDE

Posted by Helen 
CATCHERSIDE/CATCHESIDE
April 18, 2002 06:06PM
I am looking for any information on this name in County Durham. I am tracing the family name in Sunderland, County Durham.
Re: CATCHERSIDE/CATCHESIDE
April 19, 2002 11:31AM
Hello Helen,
There are 22 CATCHESIDEs on the Northern Region of the 1881 census. Here are a few in the family from Monkwearmouth:-
Dwelling: 97 Stone St
Census Place: Westgate, Northumberland, England
Source: FHL Film 1342217 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 5047 Folio 81 Page 53
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Thomas CATCHESIDE M 37 M So Shields, Durham, England
Rel: Head
Occ: Manager Royal Friendly Soc (Insurance)
Anne CATCHESIDE M 33 F Black Hill, Durham, England
Rel: Wife
Margaret CATCHESIDE 13 F Monkwearmouth, Durham, England
Rel: Daur
Occ: Scholar
Florence CATCHESIDE 11 F Monkwearmouth, Durham, England
Elizabeth CATCHESIDE 8 F Monkwearmouth, Durham, England
Amy CATCHESIDE 3 F Jarrow, Durham, England
Thomas CATCHESIDE 1 M Monkwearmouth, Durham, England
Rel: Son
Harry
April 20, 2002 08:02AM
Dear Harry, thank you for the above information. Helen.
January 09, 2003 12:02PM
Hi Helen
I was born in Sunderland, and my paternal grandmother was born Mabel Winifred Catcheside (sic), but, although she lived for a time in Cleadon and in Whitburn, she was born in Elswick in N/cle, as was her father (and grandfather and great-grandfather were born in Ovingham).
This may be no use to you!
Bill
January 09, 2003 06:53PM
Dear Bill, thanks for getting in touch. Do you have any details of Mabel's father etc. I think there may be a connections to either my husband's family (as they orginate from Ovingham), or there is another gentleman in Liverpool called Paul Catcheside who family are from Newcastle and Ovingham. Please contact me at my e-mail address. Hope to hear from you soon, Helen
Hi Helen,
I belong to a family of Catchesides living near London who traced our 'roots' back to County Durham some years ago. I think our 'strain' was the result of a 'black sheep' in the family who journeyed south.
I'm sure you already know about the 'Catcheside' farm near Morpeth and the Catcheside family motto 'I bide my time'. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need more info as my father was doing all the research.
Kind regards,
Lee Harvey (Catcheside was my maiden name.)
July 19, 2007 01:54PM
I would be interested in Catcheside family history. My great grandmother was born a Catcheside in Rotherhithe and her ancestors came from Durham.I would be interested to hear more about the family motto.
July 19, 2007 01:58PM
I would be interested to hear more about the Catcheside family history as my great grandmother was born a Catcheside in Rotherhithe although her ancestors came from Durham.I would like to know more about the discovery of the family motto
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login