Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Dike -or-Dyke - Rees

Posted by Rose Ann dike 
Dike -or-Dyke - Rees
July 16, 2002 09:16PM
Searching for info on Robert Dike (Dyke ?) b. 1818 England,(in Dorset?) m. Elizabeth Rees b. 1824, Wales. Robert was a Boot-shoemaker. Robert and brothers Issac Dike b.1811 England m. Elizabeth ? b. 1810 England - no children. James Dike b. 1820 England m. Ann ? b. 1817,had three children -Edwin Dike b. 1838 England, Emma Dike b. 1848 and Eliza Dike b. 1849. Immigrated to America in 1848. Issac and James Dike were grocers. Settled in Chicago, Illinois.
Robert and Elizabeth settled in Dixon, Illinois. Had three children; Henry Butler Dike b. 1847 Wales, Elizabeth Jane Dike b. 1849 Illinois, and Issac Dike b. 1851. Elizabeth Rees Dike died in 1854. In 1856 Robert married Ann English b. England.
Robert Dike died when a bridge collapsed, while people were watching a baptism on May 3, 1873. Both are buried in Dixon, Ill. If any of these names tie into your family, please contact me.
Rose Ann dike
Re: Dike -or-Dyke - Rees
November 08, 2009 11:45PM
My great-great- grandfather's name was Henry Butler Dike, he is from wales but I do not know his birth date, I am trying to find that out and who his parents were. It was around the year you have, 1847, taking into consideration my great-grandfather (his son) was born in 1872. He came to America and married Mary Eva Staples. Again , I do not know what year. Do you think they are the same and do you have anymore info that can help me? Maybe this can help you. Write me at Alohagirl101@hotmail.com.

Rene' Bennett
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login