Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Where is Mary Hannah?

Posted by Maud Jarvis 
Where is Mary Hannah?
November 21, 2008 05:13PM
Seeking any information about MARY HANNAH GRANT, nee COPELAND

Mary Hannah was my gt grandmother, born 1850 in Derby.
She married George Nelson Grant, in 1881 they were in Scotland, shown on the census living at that time in Perth. Their son George Nelson was at that time in Kibble Industrial School, he had been sentenced for 6 years because of stealing. Possibly their reason for being in Perth Scotland at that time, previously they had been living in Derby.

George Nelson and Mary Hannah appear to have split up,possibly Mary Hannah had taken another partner and adopted his surname, this being the reason I am unable to trace her.

George Nelson by 1892 had acquired a new "wife" Annie Packer, whom he married in 1910, stating he was then a widower.

However, I had seen on someones family tree,(Roads of Buckingham) an entry stating that Mary Hannah had died in 1919, but when I contacted the author, she said she knew nothing about Mary Hannah, I was puzzled as to why she had entered her! but apparently this person was in the habit of "lifting" details from other trees, why she would want to do that is a mystery!

I am therefore no wiser as to what happened to Mary Hannah. Is there anyone else researching the Copeland family who knows about Mary Hannah? and could help me? I would appreciate any information that would help me to trace her.

Searching for Geoghan family, believed to be from Galway.
also, Grant(Edinburgh) Paddison(Stafford) Jarvis(Essex) McCulloch(Port Glasgow)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login