Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Reid, Pool Trimble,

Posted by Laurelee Wilke 
Reid, Pool Trimble,
June 18, 2003 03:22PM
Looking for any link to the Reid, Pool or trimble family from 1802-1900 in Cumbria...Hesketh, Dalston, Cumdivock, Aspatria, Cockmouth, Holme St Cuthbert...Cumberland. Gr Gr Grandfather John & Isabella Reid...Lucy,James,Thomas,William, John & George. Gr Gr Grandfather James & Elizabeth Pool...John,Robert,Elizabeth,William, Louden, Nanny,James, Miller, Thomas.
Hi Laurelee;
My name is Kimberly, and I live in California. My g-grandfather was a Robert Gipson Poole. His father was William, but I don't know his mothers name. Robert was born 6-24-1893. He married Abigail Ann Horne at St. Lenards Church in Cumberland approx 1912. They moved to America approx. 1918. He has a brother named James and my grandmothers name is Ada Mabel Poole-Gibbs. Please let me know if there is a connection here.
My husband just surprised me with tickets to England yesturday, and we are staying in Egremont July 22-29, 2003. I can't beleive it, it's been a life long dream. If you know of anywhere I should start, when we get there, I would GREATLY appreciate it. My mother and I have been doing the geneaology thing for the last year, and we're quite excited that we can get more information on this side of the family.
We have stories and suspicions on why they came to the US, but as you know, those are just stories until something raises to back them up! haha
Please let me know if there is a connection.
Thanks
Kimberly McCarthy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login