Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Strettells/Strettles of Cheshire

Posted by Bronwyn 
Strettells/Strettles of Cheshire
June 22, 2009 02:42AM
Looking for information on Edward Strettell born in abt 1570 Cheshire not sure where father of Hugh Strettell.If anyone has any Strettell information for Cheshire I would love to hear from them.
Re: Strettells/Strettles of Cheshire
August 05, 2009 07:42PM
Hello,

Have you seen this?........ uk.geocities.com/strettells/

Also, I now have a scanned copy of the big family tree mentioned in that article (authored in the 1930s) with Edward at the top of it. The original is the property of Mr James Strettell of London who kindly lent it to me. You can find it on a website of mine at:

www.holmergreenparents.info/strettell family tree.TIF

It is a big file (26Mb) so give it time to download.

Roland.
January 08, 2010 01:32AM
Hi,Roland I have only just received the message you left on the British Gen Web site about the Strettell family tree.I tried to access the site you gave me the holmergreenparents but I didnt have any luck.Hope you can help I would be thrilled to see the family tree as we have a link with Amos Strettle son of Hugh born in Mobberley Cheshire.Kind regrads Bronwyn.
August 21, 2012 02:01PM
Hi Bronwyn.... I'm not sure whether we've been in contact before, but I came across your post whilst trawling for "old Strettells". I've been in touch with Roland for a while and he sent me the scanned family tree a couple of years ago. I've transcribed it into a readable html format and posted it on my website [parkerpages.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk] . I've also added to Roland's original "Origins of the Strettells" with the results of my own researches: [parkerpages.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk]

You can see where my wife fits into the Strettle story here: [parkerpages.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk]

Apologies if I've sent this stuff to you before.... I tend to lose track of who I've been in contact with over the years!

BTW have you had any luck in adding any more detail to the Edward Strettell story. Although I've not yet posted it on my website I'm fairly sure that I've traced my wife's line back to Hugh Strettell of Mobberley who married Elizabeth Burgess at Rostherne in 1601. I'm currently stalled in id-ing Hugh's antecedents, but it's not impossible that he was Edward's brother(?).

Regards
Tom Parker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login