Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Query about Faithfulls in Berkshire

Posted by legoman 
Query about Faithfulls in Berkshire
August 10, 2010 08:18AM
I've been trying to find out about the family Rev. Francis Faithfull had (1786-1854). I know his wife was Maria Carter Grantham (1787-1865) and I know he was born in Berkshire. I know his dad was Rev. John Faithfull. I found a birth record of somebody called Francis Faithfull, with the same birthday, same birthplace and same father as the Rev Francis I'm trying to find out about. So I presume its him. It also says on this record his mum was called Patty. Then I searched more birth records to see if I can find Francis's siblings. I found some birth records with the parents John Faithfull and Patty, and the people in these birth records were mostly born in the same place as Francis (Warfield). So I presumed these people were his siblings. the siblings were:
Emily Faithfull - baptised April 26 1800 Warfield
Caroline Elizabeth Faithfull - baptised October 17 1790 Warfield
Frederick Faithfull - baptised October 11 1787 Warfield
Then I found some birth records with the same parents but John Faithfull was spelled with one L. His children were:
George David Faithful - baptised July 30 1785 Winchester, Hampshire
Patty Faithful - baptised January 29 1782 Hertingfordbury, Hertfordshire
John Faithful - baptised June 29 1779 Hendred, Wantage, Berkshire

So basically my question is: are these all these people Rev. Francis's siblings even if some of them have the name Faithfull spelled with one L, and is Patty really his mother?

Thanks, legoman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2010 08:20AM by legoman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login