Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

USA- Alabama Underwoods

Posted by Jean Lewis 
USA- Alabama Underwoods
December 18, 2002 03:59PM
Samuel T. Underwood, Sr. married Jessie Howard and they had one son named, Samuel T. Underwood, Jr. I have a will for Sam Underwood, Sr. probated in Geneva County, Alabama, USA dated in 1942. I descend from Sam Underwood, Sr's older daughter, Ethel Mae Underwood Brackin. I am looking for descendents of Sam Underwood, Jr. Family talk says that Sam, Jr. joined the US Air Force and was stationed somewhere in England during the late 1940's or early 1950's. He married in England, died and is buried in England. He had several children which I have been told were 2 daughters. After Jessie Howard Underwood died, the grandchildren came to Alabama to dispose of the family farm which they inherited through their father, Sam Underwood, Jr. I would like to find Sam Underwood, Jr.'s descendents to share information on the Underwood Family.
Sam Underwood, Sr. had the following children with his first wife, Emma Alexander Underwood-Vera married Thomas Smith lived in Mississippi, Velma married Hubert Grace lived in Florida (Teresa McGowin's line), Myer married Myrtle Merrit lived in Alabama, Roy married Clarice Jordon lived in Florida, Ethel married Otis Brackin lived in Alabama (my line).
Sam Underwood married Ellen ? second and had one son named Tilson Underwood.
Samuel T. Underwood, Sr. was born in Mississippi and was the son of William C. and Nancy Jane Mitchum Underwood. William was the son of Samuel Breant and Elizabeth James Underwood. We believe that Samuel Breant was the son of Thomas Underwood who migrated from Kentucky to Mississippi in the late 1700's.
If any of this is familiar to anyone in England or if anyone knows of this family, please get in touch with me or give them my email address. The American Underwood descendents would like to know and share information with their English Underwood cousins. Thank you, Jean Brackin Lewis
Re: USA- Alabama Underwoods
August 22, 2007 04:24PM
hi jean
i am your cousin living in tha u.k
so get in touch
jessie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login