Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Need Advice on Birth Record in England

Posted by jvankirk 
Need Advice on Birth Record in England
July 17, 2010 01:26AM
All:

I am looking for a birth Record in England. I am looking for the record of the birth of George Harvey, born on June 2, 1846 somewhere in England, possibly to a man named John and an unknown woman. Knowing the date, but not the county or registration district, what options do I have to find this? There are about 20 George Harveys in the right quarter according to the index, and I don't want to order them all.

Thanks,

Jarrod
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Greetings

I am looking for a birth record in Leeds, England from Parish House Church. I am looking for records of any type for John Firth,b:1820, then married; Margaret Reed on Sept.27th,1847 @ Parish House Church, Leeds, England. Father of John Firth, was Robert Firth/b: April 13th, 1796, and his father was also Robert Firth/b:March 24th, 1778. John Firth of Leeds, England is my Great-Great GrandFather, one of his sons Jabez Reed Firth/b:Jan.26th1850, married: July 2nd,1876, died: Sep.25th,1918 in Clay, New York, USA. Jabez Reed Firth/my Great Grandfather, one of his sons; Arthur Jabez Firth/b:Mar.1st,1884, married; Nov. 25th,1909, Died:May 17th,1952,Schenectady, NY.

I am trying to trace backwards from John Firth of Leeds, England as far as I can go in England & Scotland.

Any help is much appreciated and I am willing to pay reasonable fees of course for documents and assistance.

Thank You

Robert A. Firth
bob.firth@frontier.com
Tualatin Valley,OR, USA
Re: Need Advice on Birth Record in England
January 28, 2011 12:29AM
My ancestor, Robert Latham, is designated in several websites, as having been born in England around 1623. However, his listed mother Elizabeth Newman Latham is shown as having died in 1616. There seems to be a prevailing belief that Robert was not born in England, but in Massachusetts and is in fact the son of William Latham. Could someone help me determine if Elizabeth Newman was his mother and if so, what was his date of birth. As it stands, he was born seven years after her death. Thanks for any help.

Marilyn@gotricounty.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login