Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

John Rees Bowen

Posted by lilycon 
John Rees Bowen
August 03, 2011 06:19PM
Hi There,

I am trying to trace my Great-Grandfather and am hitting brick walls as I have very little information on him. His name is John Rees Bowen and he was born in Wales c. 1882. I do know that he was in the army and was a bombardier in Fermoy Co. Cork in 1905 when he married my Great Grandmother Margaret (nee Aherne from Kilbeheney Co. Limerick). My Grandmother Josephine was born in Cork City in 1907 near Victoria Barracks. I have a copy of the Irish 1911 Census return that he made. He was then 29 and listed himself as Welsh Roman Catholic. All that I know of his family was that he had a brother called Jacob. I do not know where in Wales he came from.

I would be thrilled if anyone could help me out on this as I am dying to know more about this man. My Gran passed away in 1994 but never really spoke about her past.

Thanks,

LC
Re: John Rees Bowen
July 29, 2012 08:53AM
Hi Lilycon,

I came across your posting while researching the Bowen side of my family tree.
John Rees Bowen was my paternal grandfather. Your grandmother were my Aunt Jo, my father's twin sister.
I haven't been in touch with the family for many years so would be delighted to hear from you and share details.
You can contact me on portalrake@gmail.com

Jane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login