Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

john morrison from scalpay isle of harris moved to falklands

Posted by paddymc 
john morrison from scalpay isle of harris moved to falklands
September 30, 2012 10:22PM
hello to anyone out there who may have some information.
I have recently been to visit some family members on isle of scalpay,harris,and am trying to trace certain family members.
My fathers grandmother was a Christina Morrison born at Outend Scalpay 1884,Christina had a brother John morrison who moved to Falklands,not exactly sure when john moved to Falklands,think he may have moved to Falklands for work on the Whaling ships,with his wife. Christina also had 2 other brothers Angus morrison,and donald morrison all of Outend Scalpay,there was also a sister called Ann morrison. Christina Morrison married Duncan Mcpherson 1904, they lived at Glacnansgaden Knoydart Scotland, my grandmother Marion mcpherson was born at glacnansgaden also my great uncle Doneil born at glacnansgaden,not sure if my father was born in the same house,my fathers name was John Andrew May.

My recent visit to isle of harris, was mainly to visit my great grandmothers grave Christina Mcpherson,and Marion Mcpherson(my grandmother) and Doneil my great uncle's grave,also my grandfather John May's grave,they are all buried at Luskentyre old graveyard isle of harris,my father John Andrew May is also buried at the new graveyard at Luskentyre.

I have been trying to find out the whereabouts of my great grandfather's Duncan mcpherson's grave,i assume it may be at knoydart,would appreciate if anyone has any information regarding this matter.

John Morrison left Scalpay to live in Falkland Islands,not sure of the whereabouts,probably would have been sometime during the late 1800's think he stayed at falklands and did not return to Scalpay,if anyone has any information regarding this would be very very grateful if they could share any info.

Many thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login