Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Governor D'Arcy, The Coulson's, Shand's, Maguire's & Phillips

Posted by kellarlln 
Governor D'Arcy, The Coulson's, Shand's, Maguire's & Phillips
August 20, 2011 07:20PM
I am searching for info on Col. George Abbas Kooli D'Arcy (1818-1885) Governor-General of the Falkland Islands in the 1870's (Governor of The Gambia prior to that).

He married Caroline N. and "adopted" Alice Coulson (~1870->1901 b. Stanley, Falkland Islands), the daughter of William Coulson & Martha Maguire of Stanley, Falkland Islands before 1881.

George's parents were Lt Col Joseph D'Arcy of the Royal Artillery & Catherine-Georgiana West (daughter of Earl De La Warr).

His brother was Robert West D'Arcy also a career military man. George was born in England and died in Plymouth (Hartley neighborhood or Hartley Villas-aka Leighton Villas), Devon, England.

Alice Coulson married William P Shand of Old Machar, Aberdeen, Scotland. She was in the 1881 Census of Penzance, Cornwall with George & Caroline D'Arcy.
Re: Governor D'Arcy, The Coulson's, Shand's, Maguire's & Phillips
August 24, 2016 10:53PM
Dear kellarin.
i`m Gabriel Vandemberg, Alice Coulson was my great grandmother. she returned to the Flaklands and there she married to Max Doherr in Flaklands in 1895. They had four daugthers (Mary Alice, Flora Caroline, Stella Ana Clare and Cecily Luise Doherr.
Alice Cecily Coulson was borned in Flaklands June 29 1869.
Max Doherr and Alice Coulson came to Argentina on September 21, 1902.
Alice Coulson has died in Buenos Aires on August 27, 1948.
i would like to be in touch for more information about Coulson Family
Gabriel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login