Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Hagen/Dawson marriage

Posted by Harriet1942 
Hagen/Dawson marriage
September 09, 2010 04:58AM
I am interested in learning details about the marriage of Carl Christian Andrew Hagen and Caroline M. Dawson, approximately August, 1871. I believe he was a seaman from Denmark and I am trying to find out if Caroline, although from England, was living in California at this time and why they would have married in the Falklands. Any other details about Carl C.A. Hagen and his family would also be appreciated. I am trying to find out if this was actually my great grandfather and great grandmother or from another family.
Re: Hagen/Dawson marriage
June 23, 2011 11:59AM
Hello all

I have read your posts with grear interest, i live in the uk and my dad and grandmother were born in the Falklands, my gt grandfather was Frederick Newman he arrived on the island about 1879/1880 and married and had 24 children. I have a very extensive family tree, i am also doing a one name study of the falkland islands and all the people who lived there, if any of you can help i would love to hear from you. My email address is evegene1956@yahoo.com

Thank you

Yvonne
May 10, 2012 02:57PM
Carl HAGEN was the mate of the "Una" which arrived in the Falkland Islands 23 June 1871 in need of repairs.
Caroline DAWSON was the sister of Hannah CLARKE, the wife of the Government Schoolteacher. Hannah and her husband arrived in the FI in 1860. Presumably Caroline came down later to help with their children.
It must have been a whirlwind courtship as the vessel left 26 August 1871 for New York.
June 25, 2012 04:20AM
Thank you very much for that information. This gives me new info to follow up on because I had also wondered what ship he sailed on. I do believe it had to be a whirlwind courtship, but not a very long marriage as apparently Carl died at sea around 1890, and he was never registered as living with the family on census reports in California so must have been gone ALOT. Thanks again so much!
June 25, 2012 05:03AM
One more question if you can answer it for me please. Do you know what country the "Una" was registered to? Curious as to where the information was located (where you found it that is--just for reference. Was it in from somewhere in the Falklands? Do you know if their marriage is registered there? I am having trouble finding any info online for the Una, so I figured I needed more information as I may be looking in the wrong country for the info. I would appreciate it so much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login