Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Gregor Brechin and descendants

Posted by brechin 
Gregor Brechin and descendants
March 09, 2007 11:00PM
I am searching for details of my uncle Gregor Brechin, born 1891 in Alford Scotland and migrated to the Falkland Islands around or just after the Second World war. His children Jeannie and Gregor were born in the Islands.Jeannie later Married Timothy Dobbins in England and returned to the Islands.

I would appreciated and details of them and any dates etc of births, marriages .

William Brechin.
Dobbyns/Brechin.
June 18, 2007 02:58AM
Wanting to find any information on a cousin of mine that was living on Bluff Cove farm in Falkland Islands.her name was Jean/Jeanie Brechin married Timothy Dobbyns.Timothy and Jean are buried on their farm Bluff Cove,falkland Islands.

Parents of Jean brechin were: Gregor Brechin and his wife Teresa they both lived in falkland Islands.

Hoping for any help as I am researching my family tree.

Kind regards
Janet Brechin
Queensland,Australia.
Re: Dobbyns/Brechin.
July 25, 2007 03:33AM
brechin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wanting to find any information on a cousin of
> mine that was living on Bluff Cove farm in
> Falkland Islands.her name was Jean/Jeanie Brechin
> married Timothy Dobbyns.Timothy and Jean are
> buried on their farm Bluff Cove,falkland Islands.
>
> Parents of Jean brechin were: Gregor Brechin and
> his wife Teresa they both lived in falkland
> Islands.
>
> Hoping for any help as I am researching my family
> tree.
>
> Kind regards
> Janet Brechin
> Queensland,Australia.
Re: Gregor Brechin and descendants
July 06, 2008 01:24AM
I am wanting to find any descendants of Gregor Brechin and his wife Teresa living at Falkland Islands as far as i know their were three children, Mary, Jeannie and Gregor.Gregor Brechin senior was born Aberdeen ,Scotland and went to falkland Islands about 1912 .Jeannie married a Timothy Dobbyns.Hoping some one may know of the family as i am researching my family.Gregor Brechin Senior is my Uncle.

Kind Regards
William Brechin
Brisbane,Queensland,Australia
May 16, 2009 01:47AM
I know of Kathleen Dobbyns who is Gregor's "grand-daughter in law"

Do you have this info?

Russ
September 10, 2009 09:17PM
Are you daughter of William Brechin if so full details emailed to him. If not contact me again.
reconfused smileyarah Harris
June 13, 2010 09:23AM
Dear Janet
Please contact me about my gggrandmother Sarah Harris Robinson. I hava tried without success to send you an e-mail. I hope you see this message.

Best wishes
Diana Terry - Tasmania
June 23, 2011 12:00PM
Hello all

I have read your posts with grear interest, i live in the uk and my dad and grandmother were born in the Falklands, my gt grandfather was Frederick Newman he arrived on the island about 1879/1880 and married and had 24 children. I have a very extensive family tree, i am also doing a one name study of the falkland islands and all the people who lived there, if any of you can help i would love to hear from you. My email address is evegene1956@yahoo.com

Thank you

Yvonne
May 10, 2012 04:41PM
Gregor BRECHIN was shipwrecked off Stanley, Falkland Islands on the ss "Oravia" in 1912. He married Teresa BUSE 25 December 1919.
June 05, 2013 02:05PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 07:08AM by Michael Edgware.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login