Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Capt. John Sinclair CAMPBELL & Hannah (nee DAWSON), Port Stanley, Falklands

Posted by muryl 
Capt. John Sinclair CAMPBELL & Hannah (nee DAWSON), Port Stanley, Falklands
October 20, 2006 12:27PM
Looking for info on sea Capt. John Sinclair CAMPBELL, born in SCOTLAND and wife Hannah (nee DAWSON) born in ENGLAND, living in PORT STANLEY, Falkland Islands until approx. 1910. Children born in Port Stanley: Jessie Agnes b.1882, William b. 1886 & Harry b. date unknown. In 1911 Jessie & her mother Hannah appear in Vancouver, BC Canada when Jessie marries Robert Joseph THOMPSON who dies in 1915 with the sinking of the LUSITANIA. Jessie remarries in 1918 and moves to Belfast with her new husband William James GILLEN where she dies in 1960. We assume that Capt. John Sinclair CAMPBELL must have died in the Falklands or at sea? Jessie's brother William then arrives in Vancouver where he marries Annie HORNELL and dies in 1962. Mother Hannah CAMPBELL dies in 1934 in Milner, BC Canada and her obituary states that son Harry is living in CHILE. The "family story" goes that Harry went to EASTER ISLAND (?) as a sheep farmer where he was killed. His home burned and his remains never found. Date of this event unknown. If anyone knows of this family and can fill in the blanks please, please contact me. Thank you so much from Vancouver, BC CANADA!
Re: Capt. John Sinclair CAMPBELL & Hannah (nee DAWSON), Port Stanley, Falklands
July 18, 2009 09:35AM
A John Sinclair Campbell is buried in Stanley Cemetery Location A/2. Died 13 Oct 1902 aged 70. An attached note says he was the Government Pilot. Maybe your man?
Re: Capt. John Sinclair CAMPBELL & Hannah (nee DAWSON), Port Stanley, Falklands
June 23, 2011 12:01PM
Hello all

I have read your posts with grear interest, i live in the uk and my dad and grandmother were born in the Falklands, my gt grandfather was Frederick Newman he arrived on the island about 1879/1880 and married and had 24 children. I have a very extensive family tree, i am also doing a one name study of the falkland islands and all the people who lived there, if any of you can help i would love to hear from you. My email address is evegene1956@yahoo.com

Thank you

Yvonne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login