Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Walter Edward John Watts

Posted by barry_hughes 
Walter Edward John Watts
September 22, 2006 04:53PM
I am researching my wifes family history. Her father, Walter Watts was born in Port Stanley 21st November 1921. If anyone has information relating to either the Watts or Summers family, I would be pleased to hear from you. Regards Barry Hughes.
Re: Walter Edward John Watts
June 24, 2007 01:59PM
My name is Mary Taggart and I have just got back from Port Stanley. My mother was born and brought up there. Her uncle William John Halliday married Mabel Watts on 22.7.1919. Mabel was born on 13.2.1900 and died on 22.7.1919. I was researching the family tree and got lots of information. The information was passed to my son Donnie Taggart who is in Ullapool as he is doing the family tree. If you like you could contact him and he would run off a copy of your family Watts. There are also lots of Summers family living in Stanley and when I go back to Edinburgh I can give you their phone numbers which I have in a local telephone directory but is with another lady from Stanley who is taking some books up to Glasgow with her as I had lots of books with me and I was over the weight limit. I am sure you heard the name Patrick Watts who is living in Stanley who manned the communications centre during the war in 1982. I know that he has done the Watts family tree so you can write to him with addresss Port Stanley - everyone knows each other and the mail gets collected in their own box in the Post Office when the mail comes in twice a week. My son's e-mail address is Dontag1959@aol.com and my e-mail address is marytag@tesco.net and my phone number is 0131-2298832. Anything I can do to help I will be happy to oblige.
June 25, 2007 10:22PM
Hello Mary,
Thank you for your info and contact addresses, I will e-mail your son for the Watts tree, it is possible he can attch file to mail and forward to me.
We recently had some info from the records office in Stanley, which has given us a good start to both the Watts and Summers, but I know it is only the beginning. Yes my wife is aware of Patrick, he was a cousin to her father.He was also on several programmes recently, covering the anniversary of the war.
Once again thank you for making comtact. Best wishes- Barry
June 23, 2011 12:02PM
Hello all

I have read your posts with grear interest, i live in the uk and my dad and grandmother were born in the Falklands, my gt grandfather was Frederick Newman he arrived on the island about 1879/1880 and married and had 24 children. I have a very extensive family tree, i am also doing a one name study of the falkland islands and all the people who lived there, if any of you can help i would love to hear from you. My email address is evegene1956@yahoo.com

Thank you

Yvonne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login