Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

parker family tree

Posted by peter parker 
parker family tree
December 26, 2005 10:50AM
hello,
i spent from 1984 /87 on your island,but am still trying to find out about a clifford cyril parker,born 1895 in ipswich suffolk uk. he was in the navy and was supposed to have married a falklands girl. she came to ipswich for a while before returning.other info given me was that one son possibly a phillip got injured in a quarry blast on speedwell island and died on ctter boat EILEEN approaching port stanley.one evening i met a chap in stanley and he mentioned a lily napier,rose furgison and a heather may,but i don,t know the connections, he also said he remember one of the sons suffering with fits.
being a pensioner now and unable to ask anyone for info,i just hope someone may know something.
i would like to add thanks for all the hospitality i received during my time, particulary mr/mrs jeffries and residents of goose green,christmas 1984.
happy christmas
peter parker.
ipswich suffolk uk
Re: parker family tree
June 23, 2011 12:03PM
Hello all

I have read your posts with grear interest, i live in the uk and my dad and grandmother were born in the Falklands, my gt grandfather was Frederick Newman he arrived on the island about 1879/1880 and married and had 24 children. I have a very extensive family tree, i am also doing a one name study of the falkland islands and all the people who lived there, if any of you can help i would love to hear from you. My email address is evegene1956@yahoo.com

Thank you

Yvonne
Re: parker family tree
May 10, 2012 04:26PM
Cyril Clifford PARKER married Margaret Anne ROBSON 12 December 1916. They later divorced and she remarried in the FI in 1935.
They had two children together in the FI, Dorothy and Clifford. Dorothy married in 1945. Clifford drowned in 1949.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login