Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Lister in Fife

Posted by smwbugging2002 
Lister in Fife
July 29, 2006 05:24AM
I am looking for info on a James Lister-b abt 1796 and Mary-b abt 1800, they had a son Thomas Arthur Lister b. Aug. 19, 1822 at Auchtermuchty, Fife. He emmigrated around 1855 to the United States. He came with his wife Hellen/Ella Stevenson b. Dec. 12, 1824 at Cults and 4 children. They both passed away in Iowa. James would be my gx5grandfather. Thanks for any help or leads.
Re: Lister in Fife
August 07, 2006 09:53PM
In reply to your message in regards to James Lister b abt 1796 and Mary b. abt 1800. I have a James Lister marrying Mary Arthers, no marriage date at this time. Having a son James Lister born in Auchtermuchty. Do you think James would be Thomas' brother? If you think this might match your family I'd love to hear from you.
Re: Lister in Fife
July 12, 2009 03:49AM
Well, I ran across this inquiry tonight. It has been a long while. I don't know of any other siblings for Thomas except for a possible David, who died in 1894. But your Mary and my Mary have the same last name. Aruthur has been passed down in my family for generations for names for male children. Don't you think that is interesting. I have a marriage date for them of About 1819, I don't recall where I got that bit of info. without a bit of digging. I am wondering if your James and my James could possibly be related. If you ever make it back to this site email me at smwbugging2002@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login