Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

MUAT, THOMSON, DICKSON and SIMPSON

Posted by Lorna Muat 
My MUAT family have a long history of being shoemakers, Lord Provosts, Bakers, Fruiters, Customs & Excise Officers and Brewery Owners of the Nungate Brewery in Haddington. I can't believe that their name is not mentioned anywhere - even although they have been mentioned in books - there does not appear to be anything of great significance. I want to remedy that. I would like to put the surname MUAT on the page and let you know what I have found out about them. I have just about completed a MUAT family History and would welcome any interest in the above surnames to my email address: Lorna-Muat@blueyonder.co.uk - does anybody have any old pictures of the Nungate in Haddington or Court Street or of early shop signs - old pictures are great to get the feel of what a place used to be like - and this is why I have not only created a family history book, but have written far more about the persons life and history than just dates. I would certainly welcome any help on how I can put the book onto the web too so that people can access early dates and see if they are perhaps related to me! Thank you.
Re: MUAT, THOMSON, DICKSON and SIMPSON
September 06, 2005 12:24AM
Lorna,
Would the variation of the name Muat include the spelling "MOUAT" or would this be a completely different name. I have an Alves who married a John Lambert Mouat in Temple Midlothian in 1900.
Re: MUAT, THOMSON, DICKSON and SIMPSON
February 14, 2006 04:35PM
Jane

Yes the name Muat would also include Mouat - it is the same name. Would love to know about your John Lambert Mouat from Temple. Sorry about the delay in replying to you - this is the first time I have actually logged on and registered, and have had the time to do it!

Lorna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login