Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

dickson/Killie

Posted by douglas dickson 
dickson/Killie
January 16, 2003 03:15PM
would like to share any information with reachers looking for Dickson mainly in the Tranent area and Kellie whom i think came from around whitekirk.
Re: dickson/Killie
February 16, 2003 12:11AM
Dear Douglas,
My family are related to Dicksons from Tranent/Cockenzie. My g-g grandmother was Margaret Dickson, who married Robert Sinclair. Margaret's sister married Robert' brother Alexander. Actually, the marriage of Catherine and Alexander came first. There were quite a few children from both marriages. Would there be a connection between your family and mine?
Yours sincerely,
Fiona Lindner
Re: dickson/Killie
May 04, 2008 11:20AM
Dear Douglas/Fiona,

I am linked to the Dicksons through marriage. Family area Tranent, and later also Lasswade,fifeshire. My Grandfather was John Russell Dickson. His birth mother was Catherine Russell, he was adopted? and raised by Jenny Russell who was married to a George Dickson. Later after his death she married a Blythe. John named his only son George Dickson. John originally was John Docherty Russell (birth father a John Docherty) but was formally and legally known as John Russell Dickson. Catherines father was a john Russell. Mum used to visit a Maggie Dickson(by marriage) whom she believes was a cousin to john Russell. does it fit in with any of your info?
yours sincerely
Rosalyn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login