Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

sims

Posted by stephen sims 
sims
December 20, 2002 12:08AM
looking for information about the sims from scotland.
Re: sims
February 09, 2003 06:51AM
I am looking for the locations of birth, marriage, etc of my ancestors: Christina Combs Sim of Glasgow (Born 1 Feb 1851), her father William Sim of Elie, Fife, Scotland (born 4 Jul 1817). William married Janet Eddie of Aberlady, Haddington, Scotland. My husband and I are traveling to England this fall and we want to visit these places, and if possible see the actual parish records, tombstones, etc. of our ancestors. To follow my line, Christina Combs Sim married John Donaldson and then they immigrated to Utah. One of their sons, James Rowan Donaldson then gave birth to Karl Maeser Donaldson, my grandfather, then my mother, Vernice Donaldson. Vernice married Dallas Earl Jones, and I am Darla Vernell Jones. Long line, but I feel a deep connection to Scotland (my grandmother's Richardson line comes from Scotland also) and want to be where they once were. I would love to see if we can link our lines somewhere. I am just getting started, and can only start asking questions! Be glad to hear from you! Darla Bush
Re: sims
August 07, 2005 10:29PM
Darla,
Were you able to find any information on your ancestors during your travels to England as you mentioned in your post of Feb. 2003?
Your ancestor Christina Combs Sim was the sister of my great grandmother Sarah Jane Sim. She married my great grandfather Nathaniel Smith in December of 1874.
Any information you may have on the Sim family line in Scotland would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login